Noir de Bigorre
Because these two hams are Exceptional Creations, the Salaisons de l’Adour is committed :
FOR THE TERRITORY
– To continuing the history and the rearing of pigs in the South-West,
– to ensuring that the collective’s stakeholders are able to make a living from their profession,
– to ensuring that the collective of breeders guarantees natural and sustainable farming,
– to respecting the animal and allowing it the time to grow at its own pace,
– to feeding the pigs a healthy diet, with non-GMO grains, grass, fruits, acorns, chestnuts…
FOR THE QUALITY
– To focusing on the best pieces of fresh ham (thickness of fat, colour, cut…).
Only 10 hams are selected. Our “Noir de Bigorre” and Bayonne hams are salted with natural Salies-de-Béarn (64) rock salt for a mild salting. They are aged in the open air in our natural cellars at the foot of the Pyrenees (65): 36 months for the “Noir de Bigorre” ham PDO and 20 months for the Bayonne ham PGI. Each ham is unique, it develops at its own pace to achieve an exceptional ham with softness, finesse and character !
FRANCE ALSO HAS TWO GREAT HAMS !